Intro to Animation : Online Live Class
FOR AGES 9 AND UP
Would you like to learn the foundational techniques for drawing cartoon animation? This class will help you begin animating now and get you started on your animator journey. You will also be introduced to some of the drawing techniques that you should practice everyday as you are developing your skills as an animator. You will receive the following practical, hands-on application from week to week:
• The essentials to animate
• The most important drawing technique for animators
• Create your first animations
• Principles to make your animations look good
• Create animations applying these principles
• Create an animation based on your own original idea
EXAMPLES OF STUDENT WORK
To see examples of work from our students as a result of what we teach in this class, please visit our blog page here.
WHAT STUDENTS ARE SAYING
“The class was great. I learned something new about how to animate every week. Thank you so much for this class! I enjoyed being part of this group and I really enjoyed having an AWESOME teacher!!” – Laurel (6th grade student)
“I very much enjoyed this class. I loved learning how to make my characters move. I liked Mr. Fisher’s teaching.” – Indigo (4th grade student)
“I thought animating was going to be harder. It was easier than I thought, so this class was great. I really liked animating my characters and what I learned was really helpful.” – Finley (6th grade student)
“This class exceeded my expectations. I loved learning how to animate digitally and working on the assignments. It was awesome to have the opportunity to learn with other artists and ask questions if we needed to.” – Kim (8th grade student)
This class teaches an important practical balance between working digitally and working with natural media. Students will need the following:
1) Blank paper (a sketchbook is recommended), pencils, sharpener, and an eraser.
2) One of the following digital devices to draw and animate with:
A – Windows or Mac desktop or laptop computer with a basic drawing tablet: I recommend the Wacom Intuos S drawing tablet
B – Touch screen Chromebook with a drawing stylus
C – iPad Pro with an Apple Pencil
D – iOS or Android touchscreen device (older iPad, iPhone, Android tablet, phone, or Kindle Fire) with a drawing stylus: I recommend the Adonit Pro drawing stylus available at Target for $29 Also, right now the Adonit Mini 3 is available on clearance for $12
4) A digital device with internet access to connect to and participate in our weekly online classes via Zoom – it can be the same device used for #2 above.